Wednesday 14 December 2016

THE BLESSINGS OF WALKING WITH GOD


MEMORY VERSE: And the LORD gave the people favour in the sight of the Egyptians. Moreover the man Moses was very great in the land of Egypt, in the sight of Pharaoh's servants, and in the sight of the people. Exodus 11:3

BIBLE READING: Number 17-20

Contrary to what some believe, the Christain life is not a miserable life. I used to think that my life will become miserable, boring, and dry when I give my life to Christ. Today, I can confidently tell you that my life is the opposite of these.

Let us take a brief look at the life of Moses – before and after he began to walk with God. Pharaoh was his god before he met the Lord. Pharaoh decided what he could do and what he couldn’t do. Pharaoh decided how high he could rise in life. Pharaoh decided what he could have and what he couldn’t have. Pharaoh restricted where he could go and where he couldn’t go. His life was in the hands of Pharaoh. No wonder, he ran away when he fell out of favour with Pharaoh because he knew that death was imminent ( Exodus 2:10-15). However, everything changed after Moses met the Lord. For instance, he became a god to Pharoah. Exodus 7:1 says: “And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.” Moses now decided whether Pharaoh will have peace or not. God will make you a god to your enemies when you begin to walk with Him. Several years ago, I was invited to a gross misconduct interview. One of my team members made a false allegation against me.He was confident that I was going to get sacked so he began to blank me. God fought for me and I returned to work. He began to avoid me at work. To make matters worse for him, he was applying to become permanent and my recommendation will go a long way in determining his fate. I don’t need to tell you the state this person was in. I assisted him with his application, gave a good recommendation and he was made permanent. You become a god to your enemy when you walk with God.

Moses had one goal in life and the goal was to deliver his people from oppression. Before he met the Lord, he tried to deliver his people from oppression and everything went pear-shaped. Actually, he had to run away because Pharaoh wanted to kill him. After he met the Lord, without leading a rebellion, he delivered his people from oppression. Moses succeeded where he had failed forty years prior. When you walk with Lord, you succeed where you have failed in the past. Many years ago, a brother (before he met the Lord) did everything possible to become a professor but somehow it didn’t happen. Today, he owns a university after many years of walking with the Lord. When you walk with the Lord, He turns all the evil prophecies over your life to good prophecies. Someone, before I travelled abroad, said, “if Dayo (my African name) travels abroad, he will smoke weed, draw tattoos, joined a bad gang and pierce his ears.” By the special grace of God I did not do any of that. Not only that, today when I pray this person says a big amen. Why? I met the Lord and He changed everything.

NOTE: If you are yet to give your life to Christ please do so. God is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think.

twitter@BroOluwatoki

Bro Samuel | Reaching the world

No comments:

Post a Comment