Tuesday 29 November 2016

A SPIRITUAL DIET


MEMORY VERSE: He hath swallowed down riches, and he shall vomit them up again: God shall cast them out of his belly. He shall suck the poison of asps: the viper's tongue shall slay him. Job 20:15-16

BIBLE READING: Numbers 8-10

READ: Job 20:12-19

Challenges are part and parcel of life. Christianity does not exempt you from challenges. Jesus said in John 16:33, “These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.” In the world, ye SHALL have tribulation, not ye MAY have tribulation. The good news is Jesus has overcome the world for us. We are assured of victory over every challenge the enemy will send our way. How we respond to challenges matters, it will go a long way in deciding if and when we will overcome the challenges. One of the ways we respond to challenges or the loss of a loved one is we grief. Job, when his faith was tested, fed on his grief and could not eat. Job 3:24 says: “For my sighing cometh before I eat, and my roarings are poured out like the waters.” Another way we respond to challenges or trial of faith is we cry. David, when he faced challenges, fed on his tears. Psalm 42:3 says:“My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God?” One thing you must never do to anyone who is facing challenges is mock them. The friends of Job fed him with his sins when he was facing challenges ( Job 20:12-19). They accused him of sins instead encouraging him. Verse 15-16 says: “He hath swallowed down riches, and he shall vomit them up again: God shall cast them out of his belly. He shall suck the poison of asps: the viper's tongue shall slay him.”

Feed on God’s words when you face challenges. Jeremiah 15:16 says: “Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.” Matthew 4:4 says: “But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.” Feed on God’s will when you face challenges. John 4:34 says: “Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.” One thing I try to do is I record every promise He has given to me in a book. From time to time, I go through them and my faith is strengthened. I am reminded, as I go through them, that all will be well. Also, I read through my dream book and I am greatly encouraged. Do you have a dream book? If you don't have one yet, get one today and start recording your dream.

NOTE: All suffering people need love, acceptance, patience encouragement not arguments.

twitter@BroOluwatoki

Bro Samuel | Reaching the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment