Saturday 6 August 2016

“PRAISE ME MORE”


MEMORY VERSE: And when they began to sing and to praise, the LORD set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten. 2 Chronicles 20:22

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 1:1 – 2:4a

READ: 2 Chronicles 20:1 – 26.

IN 2015

While waiting on the Lord in December 2014, asking Him what He intends to do in my life and in the life of His children in 2015, this phrase “MEANINGFUL ACHIEVEMENT” dropped in my spirit. The title of our message on 1st of January 2015 was MEANINGFUL ACHIEVEMENT. In that message, as led by the Spirit of God, i said, “This year God will remember many. This year many will succeed where they failed last year. This year many will become married. This year our testimonies will be many. A lot will pass their exams and many other things.” God fulfilled all He said. Recently, a sister in Christ, someone very close to me, shared her testimony of 2015 and as i read it, i saw that her testimonies were many - just like many of us. She said one thing that humbled me: “Indeed, this year, to the glory of God, we recorded the highest number of marriages in our midst -over 20 marriages. Many, indeed, became married. In my personal life, it has been testimony galore. Time may not permit but i will share one. In my place of work this year, God promoted me and i went three scales (positions) up in one single day!

LESSONS LEARNT
As someone from a project management background, PRINCE 2 (PRoject IN Controlled Environments), one thing we do at the beginning of every project is we capture lessons learnt in previous projects. In 2015, i learnt a lot of lessons but i will share one with you today (1st of January 2016). Am i calling 2016 a project? Well, looking at some of the characteristics of a project according to PRINCE 2 - something that is temporary in nature i.e. have a defined start and end, plagued by threats ( dangers) and opportunities , cross-functional i.e. working with people from different background, etc – we can call it a project. One of the important lessons i learnt in 2015 is IT PAYS TO BE OBEDIENT. From time to time, you will pray and make plans. The moment you sense God trying to change your plans don’t struggle with Him. Even if you are at the execution phase of the plan and He says stop, please stop. It may cause you some embarrassment, yes, but in the long run you will be happy that you did. I wanted to do a particular IT training to develop myself so I found a trainer. We agreed on the price and a date. Meanwhile i had been praying about this particular training even before i got the trainer. A day to the training, i sensed in my spirit that the Lord was not in it so I called off the training. As expected, the man got really angry and I was embarrassed. Few days later, the Lord led me to do another IT training course and i obeyed. On the first day of my training, i met a man who had already completed the training the Lord told me not to go for. After speaking with this man for 20 mins, i thank the Lord that i listened when He told me to stop. I pray that you will not waste your resources on a project that will not yield any benefits.

IN 2016
One question people kept on asking me in 2015 was, “are you a pastor”? My response hasn’t changed; I am not a pastor. I am just an ordinary brother - a worker in the vineyard of God. What work do I do? I am part of the SANCTUARY KEEPERS. However, God, out of His mercy, shares a thing or two with me. Whilst men look at titles and positions, God looks at the heart (1 Samuel 16:7). Looking back at all He did in 2015; the accuracy of His prophecies at the beginning of the year, i didn’t need anyone to tell me to wait again to hear what He has to say for 2016. This time, in few words, He said “PRAISE ME MORE”. To confirm this message - the bible says by the mouth of two or three witness shall every word be established ( 2 Corinthians 13:1) - during our end of the year revival, the pastor, on the 30th December 2015, preached a message titled “PRAISES GO BEFORE LAUGHTER”. He repeated the same thing during our watch night service. One of the texts he used is 2 Chronicles 20.

ACTION: Praise Him like never before this year.

twitter@BroOluwatoki

Bro Samuel | Reaching the world

No comments:

Post a Comment