Monday 4 May 2015

FEAR THOU NOT; FOR I AM WITH THEE


MEMORY VERSE: Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. Isaiah 41:10
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Mark 11-12
Isaiah 6:3 says, "and one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory." What does it mean to say the Lord is holy? (Permit me to quote from a wonderful Sunday school manual I read). "The basic idea of the word ‘holy’ is that of being separate or set apart. When God is declared to be holy, the word expresses all that sets him apart and makes him different from his creatures. The threefold ‘holy, holy, holy’ in Isaiah 6:3 is a Hebraic way of emphasizing that God is very holy." In addition, when we say the Lord is holy, it means He is morally upright, just, transparent, pure, sinless, etc. Asides His purity, He has integrity. He says what He means and means what He says. If He makes a promise, He will do everything possible to fulfill the promise.
Because of His holiness, once He says ‘I will do something’, be rest assured that He will do what He has promised to do. Isaiah 41:10 says, "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness". If the Lord says He is with you, be rest assured that He is with you. The fact that you don’t feel it does not mean He is not with you. The fact that the hair at the back of your neck don’t stand does not mean He is not with you. Actually, He is closer to you than the cloth on your neck. If He says in His holy bible that He is with you, then He is with you. That fact that God is with you does not mean you will not face challenges. No! In Mark 4:36-39, Jesus was in a ship with His disciples when a mighty storm arose and threatened to destroy the ship. The fact that the Lord is with you does not mean the enemy will not come after you. The pillar of fire and cloud that hovered above the children of Israel everywhere they went was visible for everyone to see and know that God was with them, yet the Egyptians chased after them ( Exodus 14). The fact God is with you does not mean you will not experience lack. No! No! No! In Mark 6:30-44, five thousand men not counting women and children were with Jesus and they experienced lack. The fact that the Lord is with you does not mean you will not face challenges. No! The good news is storm may arise, but Jesus will ‘still’ the storm. The enemy may come after you to harm you but they will not be able to do you any harm. Jeremiah 15:20c says, "for I am with thee to save thee and to deliver thee, saith the Lord." In your walk with God, you may experience lack but it will be a temporary thing. The five thousand men not counting women and children ate and there were left- over. Although the journey may be rough, the Lord will see you through. It does not matter how tough the battle is, He will see to it that you come out victorious.
NOTE: If He is grieved, He may leave. If one continues to live in sin and refuses to repent, He will leave.
ACTION: Thank the Lord for being with you and pray that He will never leave you.

No comments:

Post a Comment