Sunday 22 June 2014

AND THINE EARS SHALL HEAR A WORD BEHIND THEE

And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left. Isaiah 30:21 

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Isaiah 3- 7

Recently I wrote a devotional about ‘lies’ and ‘shedding innocent blood’. After writing, I proofread it and corrected all the grammatical and spelling errors. I proofread it the second time and found no errors. As I proceeded to proofread for the third time before posting, I heard a voice in my spirit, which said, “go and shower and proofread again.” Meanwhile this was very early in the morning, I had just finished praying, and I wanted to get the writing out of the way before taking my shower. I obeyed and went to shower. When I returned to proofread again, I saw that I had put down ‘sharing innocent blood’ instead of ‘shedding innocent blood’. I changed it and posted the message. If I had disobeyed the Holy Spirit and proofread the third time before bathing, I would not have seen that error and this would have resulted in a big embarrassment. The Holy Spirit is our Guide. John 16:13 says howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all the truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. Obeying the voice of the spirit saves one from of embarrassment. I cannot count the number of times I have burnt my food whilst preparing it because I delayed when prompted by the Holy Spirit to go and check what I was I was cooking. Thank God, I am wiser now.

A lot of mishaps, road accidents, problems, etc, could have been avoided, if only we obeyed the voice of the spirit. I heard how the Lord saved a brother during the September 11 (9/11) terrorist attack on the Twin Towers. Whilst working on his computer, he heard “run”. He did not question the Holy Spirit; he just started making his way down the building. As he stepped out of the Twin Tower, the first jet struck. Another brother was with his daughter in the Twin Tower. The daughter requested for McDonalds snack, as he was about to tell his daughter to wait a bit, he heard the Holy Spirit telling me to take the girl to McDonald. He left what he was doing and quickly proceeded to the McDonalds nearby. Whilst there, He had that there was an attack on the Twin Tower. If the Spirit of God is leading you to do something or make a move, please do it as soon as possible because you do not know what might happen next. If He says stand, please stand up first before asking why. If He says sit, sit first before asking why. If He says, make a call; do not ask why before making the call. Two things that could hinder one from hearing the audible of voice of God are bitterness and disobedience. At times out of anger, you may want to say something, the moment you spirit says do not say it, just keep quiet. If you disobey and say it, the Holy Spirit will be grieved. If He continues to tell you not to do something and you keep doing it, He will stop speaking and that is not dangerous.

PRAYER POINT: Father, Your word says I will a hear voice behind me guiding me; please heal me of spiritual deafness so I can hear your audible voice.

Bro Samuel – Reaching the world for Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment