Saturday 31 May 2014

THE GOOD IN CHALLENGES

MEMORY VERSE: say ye to the righteous, that it shall be well with him: for they shall eat the fruit of their doings, Isaiah 3:10 
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1Kgs 19, 1 Thes 2, Dan 1, Ps 40-41 
Pain has its advantages. Although we all dread it, the ability to feel pain or experience pain is crucial to our survival. I never knew the ability to feel pain was a favor from God until I heard the story of a sister. Her mum had challenges in the area of her health and her feet went numb. Mama lived in the country side and preferred to walk barefooted. Since most of the roads were not tarred, there were sharp stones and objects everywhere.  If she dashed her feet on a rock, she wouldn't feel anything. It was so terrible that one of mama’s toes had to be cut off because of a deep cut. No one could really explain how she sustained the cut, but she had a cut and mama did not know until people saw mama’s leg bleeding. By the time they rushed her to the hospital it was too late. Because of her condition, they had to hire a nurse to inspect her feet for any cuts or wound from time to time. Pain informs you that you are in a territory you should not be in or you are doing something you should not do. Pain at times informs our decision. The pain of failure is what motivates some to work hard and succeed. 
Do you know that challenges have its advantages? Only the living face challenges. God already knows that the challenges you are going through will not kill you or mark your end. Isaiah 3:10 says say ye to the righteous, that it shall be well with him: for they shall eat the fruit of their doings.  It shall be well with you. One of the reasons why God permits challenges is because He knows that those challenges will cause us to fast and pray which will in turn develop us spiritually. Years ago, I used to see dogs chasing me in my dreams. During that period I faced a major challenge which caused me to really pray and fast. The Lord dealt with the challenge and I had my peace. I noticed that after the rigorous fasting and praying, I stopped seeing dogs chasing me in my dream. By the special grace of God, when I now see leopards in my dream I chase them and they run, praise God. The Lord knew that the challenge was not going to mark my end, He permitted it to that so that I would fast and pray which helped me to develop my spiritual muscles. Challenges also help in developing one’s faith. Every time God takes care of challenges in your life, your faith in Him grows. The next time you see a man of faith, remember you are looking at man who has faced many challenges. 
SUMMARY: Without test there will not be a promotion. Without trials there will not be a testimony. You are facing that challenge because God is setting you up for a mega testimony.
Bro Samuel - Reaching the world for Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment