Saturday 18 January 2014

LORD, WHAT WILT THOU HAVE ME TO DO?



MEMORY VERSE: and he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do, Acts 9:6

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Judg 14, Acts 18, Jer 27, Mark 13

BIBLE STUDIES: Acts 9:1-6

Paul (formerly Saul) persecuted the church out of Ignorance. He was a party to the group who stoned Stephen to death. Any where the name of Jesus was been mentioned, he would go there and commit them to prison for torturing. He had this passionate hatred for the gospel and he took it upon himself to stop the gospel at all cost. One day on his way to Damascus to arrest some believers, he met Jesus and everything changed. Paul had a brain wave; he realized that all this while he had been fighting his creator. Not only that, he was on a first class to ticket to hell. Upon this realization he asked Christ, ‘Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?’ In other words he was asking Christ, what can I do to make up for the times I had wasted before I met you? Not only that, he was telling Christ ‘thank you for saving me, but I am indebted to you forever. I do not care about what you can do for me , all I care about is what can I do for you to show I appreciate the salvation of my soul?’

One of the greatest speeches that revolutionized USA in the sixties was the inaugural speech of John F Kennedy in 1961. He said ‘ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do your country’. I have always shared the story of how I was taken before the judgment Seat of Christ. Before the doors were opened, I was giving an opportunity to go through my heavenly file. When I saw the contents I broke down in tears and began to ask for a second chance. I knew what I saw there and I knew what the decision was going to be. Romans 6:23 clearly states that the wages of sin is death. I knew the decision looking at my past.To cut the long story short I got a second chance. I am very grateful to and I am eternally grateful for the second chance to put things right.

Brethren, when i woke I noticed a passionate hatred for sin especially the sin of adultery and fornication inside me. Not only that I felt indebted to the One who saved my soul and gave me a second chance. I felt I owed God who delivered from the power of darkness and translated me into the kingdom of his dear son (Colossians 1:13). From that day I began to think of what I can do for the one who rescued me from hell. I am always sad when we go to share fliers for evangelism and people share more fliers than me. When it is time to clean the church, I always love to take the lion portion the work. I always love to do extra work and go extra length. When everyone wants to do 50 per cent, I try to do 80 per cent. Why? Because I want to show my savior i appreciate my salvation. Once you are really saved, you forget about what Christ can do for you and you begin to concentrate on what you can do for the One who saved your soul. You suddenly realized that you should have been on that cross, but He took your place and died on the cross of Calvary?

PRAYER POINT: Father ,please reveal to me what I can do to show I appreciate your death on the cross of Calvary.

No comments:

Post a Comment