Friday 8 November 2013

COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS

MEMORY VERSE: bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name, Psalm 103:1

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Deut 22, Ps 110-111, Isa 49, Rev 19

BIBLE STUDIES: Psalm103:1-12

Many of us have forgotten how faithful the Lord has been to us and our family, when we face little challenges we begin to ask if there is really a God. A lot of people complain when they ask God for just one thing, and don’t get a response immediately. They begin to doubt the power of God, some even threaten to stop going to church or stop paying their tithes. The question we should ask ourselves is how about the countless numbers of things we have asked and He has given to us? How about the countless numbers of things we did not even deserve that He gave us? Many sleep and wake up and think it is normal, there are many who sleep and don’t wake up. There are one or two grumbling to God right now because of their situation, what they do not know is that there is someone right now this minute who will gladly swap position with them. There is someone right now who will give an arm to be in the situation you are in just to show you how worse their situation is.

There are some stories I do not like sharing but I will today so that you will count your blessings. Sometimes ago I was sharing our church flier during my lunch when I met a man who I used to work with. With joy I tried to shake him but I noticed this brother was reluctant and I asked what the problem was. He showed me his palms and I saw several small blisters in his palms. This blisters had pus in them and he had a like a thousand in each of his palms. These blisters are very itchy and every time he touches them they will burst open and spread. I have never seen anything like that in my life. He told me it has spread to his back and virtually every part of his body. When the sun is out it is worse. He has been to the doctor and there is no cure. Because of his condition, He cannot carry his daughter or play with her. I said a short prayer with him and he left. As I began to ponder about this man’s predicament, the Holy Spirit spoke to me and said that is someone’s dad, brother, son, uncle, friend, husband e.t.c

As from that day I promised the Holy Spirit I will always be grateful. All the doors in this world had been shut on this brother. He told me that all he wants in life is to get well and nothing else matters. There are many who are petitioning God for promotion at work; life partner; new job; fruit of the womb e.t.c but this brother can not even think of such things. You might now have a car but you have your two legs; you might have a job but you have your two hands; you might be single but you are alive and not under life support; your children might be misbehaving but at least you have a child; your marriage might not be going the way you want but at least you are not a patient in a mental institution. We are not better than the people in these places but it is just the mercy of God.

ACTION POINT: Count your blessings and be grateful to God for the things He has done.

No comments:

Post a Comment