Friday 20 September 2013

WHEN YOU RENDER HELP Pt 2

MEMORY VERSE: and let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not, Galatians 6:9.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Num 25, Ps 68, Isa 15, 1 Pet 3

BIBLE STUDIES: Exodus 2:11-22

In part 1, we discussed that rendering help is a must for all believers. We also discussed that you stand to gain a lot if you allow yourself to be used by God to render help. Not only that, the fellow who the Lord uses to render help benefits the most, even more than the fellow who was helped. The story in our bible studies is a very familiar one. Moses was sitting by a well when some ladies approached to fetch water from the well. The overzealous shepherds around chased them away, Moses been a gentleman stood up and helped them. He also watered their flock. There are a lot of lessons to learn from our bible studies one of which is when we render help, it brings us closer to our destiny.

When we render help, it brings us closer to God’s plan for our life. According to 3 John 1:2, the plan of God is that we prosper and be in good health. Jeremiah 29:11 says His thoughts are to give us a future and a hope. The plan of God for Moses was to give him a job, a home and a wife and I believe that is His plans for you too. Just by rendering help to those ladies, the plan of God for Moses came to fruition. The reason why some brothers are still single is because the Lord knows that they will not help their wives. The Lord knows that they will use their wives as a slave so He decided that it is better they remain single until they change. Immediately the Lord noticed that Moses would make a good husband not a wife beater or slave master, He provided a wife for him immediately.

Another reason why we need to render help is because we only qualify for God’s help when we render help to people. The world runs by a law called the Law of Reciprocity. This means to give and take mutually; to return in kind or even in another kind of degree. What you make happen for people is what God will make happen for you. Psalms 18:25 says God is merciful to those who show mercy, and with an upright man He shows Himself upright. To those who render help, God shows Himself as a helper. Last year the Holy Spirit laid it on my mind to bless a church near my house with some items. Since it was a Palm Sunday, I bought some items and some Easter eggs (chocolate in egg form) for the children at the church. When I got to the church, it was obvious that they the Lord had truly sent me because they had nothing .Anyway I gave the pastor the food items and he prayed for me and I left. During the Christmas period I had a bit of challenge at work and this really touched my pocket. I could not afford to buy food stuffs at all. After the service on December 25, a woman I had never spoken to except just say hi and hello to called me to her car and gave me a big bag. I thanked her and I left. When I got home and checked the bag, I found a 10 kg bag of rice and 5 liter of olive oil. Within minutes I was already with a plate of rice celebrating. What I am trying to say? You only qualify for help from God when you have cultivated the habit of helping others.

PRAYER POINT: Father, as I render help to people in need please send helpers to me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment