Sunday 9 June 2013

REWARDS OF EVANGELISM

MEMORY VERSE: And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars forever and ever, Daniel 12:3

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Ex 37, John 16, Prov 13, Eph 6

One activity that attracts God blessings is evangelism. It is guaranteed that anyone who witnesses about Christ regularly will inherit glory. How do I know these? Proverbs 11:30 says he that winneth soul is wise. According to Proverbs 3:35 only the wise (soul winners) shall inherit glory. Not only that Daniel 12:3 says and they that be wise (soul winners) shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars forever and ever. Anyone who will shine for Jesus must love soul winning.
When I first began to go to attend my present church , my attendance was nothing to write home about. There was this lady from the evangelism team who kept on calling me and encouraging me to attend church. Gradually, my attendance improved I began to attend church regularly although I was still missing Sunday school service. During one of our mid week services, something just led me to look in the direction of this sister (sister that was encouraging me to come to church) and the Holy Spirit said I should empty my pockets because of her. If I am to be honest, I felt very uncomfortable with this. Not because I had much money in my pocket, but because it could lead to embarrassment. I thought this sister might think that I am trying to lure her with money or something so I almost refused but the Holy Spirit encouraged me. I did what I was told and I handed it to her in an envelope. I also begged not to open it in the church but wait till she gets home. As I got home, my phone rang and I picked it up .It was this sister crying on the phone. Immediately I knew the Lord had met an urgent need in her life. Do you know this sister was the first person to get married in that church?

When you are fond of witnessing about Jesus, He will be fond of proving Himself in your life. After I gave my life to Christ I began to witness too. There was this particular sister in my place of work who smokes. I began to encourage her and witness to her. To the glory of God she stopped smoking and began to attend services more regularly. Several months later, I left work very hungry and i had nothing to eat at home. Till today I can’t explain why I was that hungry but I was just unusually very hungry. While I was on my way home my phone rang,lo and behold it was this sister at work. She said she had just finished preparing this delicious African soup and something just kept telling her call Sam. I knew that was the Holy Spirit at work so I said no problem. As I was about to disconnect the call, she asked if I had anything to eat the soup with and I said no. Around twenty five minutes later, this lady arrived with this soup and pounded yam (African food). She said something that day I will never forget. She said she tried to ignore the voice but the voice kept coming back. She said the voice was so persistent that she could not even eat so she had to bring it first. I thanked her and she left. I descended on this pounded yam and the Lord took glory.

KEYWORD: When you are fond of witnessing about Jesus, He will be fond of proving Himself in your life

No comments:

Post a Comment