Friday 8 February 2013

WATER TO WINE PART 4

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR Gen 41, Mark 11, Job 7, Romans 11

John 2:3 and when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, they have no wine.
Bible studies: John 2:1-11

After the wine was exhausted, Mary approached Jesus to inform Him of the situation of things. After a brief chat with Jesus, she gave an instruction to the disciples of Jesus and left. Today we will be looking at the instruction she gave as it was pivotal to the miracle that turned water to wine. She said “whatever He says to you, do it”. Let us look at the word ‘whatever’ closely. Whatever He says simply means anything He says. In other words she was telling them to carry out any instruction from Jesus, whether it is convenient or not, whether it appeals to common sense or not, whether it is logical or not, whether it is demanding or not, whether it will make them look stupid or not, whether it will cause them to lose friends or not but whatever instruction from Jesus, they should carry it out. There is no point running to Jesus if you are unwilling to carry out the instruction He will give. Isaiah 1:19 says if you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land. The good of the land is available for all but only the obedient will eat of it.

After she left, Jesus instructed them to fill the water pots with water and they did. He then asked them to draw out some and give it to the master of the feast. They did as they were told and there was a miracle.There is a big lesson to learn here. The first instruction Jesus gave was they should fill the water pots with water. Secondly He told them to draw out of the water pots and give it to the master of the feast. The obedience to the first instruction brought the organizers of the party a step to closer to the miracle that turned water to wine. If they had disobeyed Jesus and not fill the water pots with water, there would not be anything to draw from when Jesus told them to draw from the water pots and give to the master of feast. Disobedience to the instruction of Jesus would have hindered the manifestation of God’s glory in the groom’s life. For one reason or the other I love King James Version of the bible but I own a New King James Version. I have always wanted to buy one but for a reason or the other it did not materialize. After service on a very cold Sunday, I walked into a corner shop or supermarket to buy some beverages with the last seven pounds on me. As I walked into the shop, an elderly man saw me with my huge NKJV bible and began to tease me. He asked about the church service and we got talking about bible and all that. While we were chatting, the Holy Spirit laid it on my mind to give this man two pounds out of the seven pounds to get a beverage for himself. I did as I was told but this old man refused. Instead he invited me to his house which was around the shop and I went with him. On getting to his house, I got to know that he was a pastor and a theologian. He had the bible in every language. To cut the long story short, I left his house that day with a brand new TBS KJV bible worth over sixty pounds. Because I was willing to part with my two pounds and I obeyed the Holy Spirit, I got a gift of over sixty pounds. Whatever the Lord asks you to do, please do it. He has a reason for asking you to do it.Brethren every of God’s instruction you carry out is a step towards your breakthrough. Every time you obey God, you are a step closer to your miracle.

KEY WORD: What He says to you, do it. Every time you obey God, you are a step closer to your miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment