Saturday 15 September 2012

I Do

Malachi 2:16 says For the LORD, the God of Israel, says that he hates putting away: For one covers violence with his garment, says the LORD of hosts: therefore take heed to your spirit, that you deal not treacherously.

I have always wondered why people are quick to say “1 do” when exchanging marriage vows.Many say it without the understanding of the word I DO.According to Ephesians 5:25 when a man says “i do” what it means I will  love you with everything i got and if need be i will die for you . I DO also means regardless of your past , i take you as  part of me , no matter what you do i will forgive and forget because Jesus Christ forgave the church and He is still forgiving the church when they make mistake.

According to Ephesians 5:24 , when a woman says “I do ” , what it means is as from today my submission to you(husband) will be total whether it is convenient or not. You will be my head just like Christ is the head of the Church. The most important part of the body is the head and without the head the body is dead.As highlighted in Ephesians 5:23 , Christ is the head of the church. We are the church. The most important thing to us to day should be Christ not our business or education.Our submission to Him should be total whether it is convenient or not.

PRAYER POINT: Father ,Let my submission to you be total today.

No comments:

Post a Comment